Couple charged in Bullitt County child abuse case | News
SHEPHERDSVILLE, KY (WAVE) - A former police officer is one of two people facing charges of child abuse in Bullitt County.
Charles Bowman was arrested by the Bullitt County Sheriff's Office on charges that he physically abused his girlfriend's two-year-old son. The mother of the child, Elizabeth Hurst, is also facing charges.
Deputies became involved after an employee at the child's daycare noticed bruising and called Child Protective Services.
The toddler has been removed from the home and placed with relatives. He is expected to make a full recovery.
A spokesperson for the New Albany Police Department has confirmed that Bowman was employed as a probationary police officer from March 3 to July 2, 2010. Officials say Bowman was terminated after investigation into a reported domestic disturbance at his home in June 2010.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Top Bullitt-Nelson-Spencer Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Boil Water Advisory issued in Jefferson County lifted
- Councilwoman Welch hosts District 13 low cost rabies clinic with LMAS
- Kroger announces retirement of Mid-South Division President John Hackett
- Gallery of Honor to be unveiled at Elmcroft of Valley Farms
- Jefferson Memorial Forest to hold Alpine Tower Night Climb