Couple charged in Bullitt County child abuse case | News
SHEPHERDSVILLE, KY (WAVE) - A former police officer is one of two people facing charges of child abuse in Bullitt County.
Charles Bowman was arrested by the Bullitt County Sheriff's Office on charges that he physically abused his girlfriend's two-year-old son. The mother of the child, Elizabeth Hurst, is also facing charges.
Deputies became involved after an employee at the child's daycare noticed bruising and called Child Protective Services.
The toddler has been removed from the home and placed with relatives. He is expected to make a full recovery.
A spokesperson for the New Albany Police Department has confirmed that Bowman was employed as a probationary police officer from March 3 to July 2, 2010. Officials say Bowman was terminated after investigation into a reported domestic disturbance at his home in June 2010.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Bullitt-Nelson-Spencer
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Car filled with smoke in parking lot of gentlemen's club leads to arrest
- LMPD: Man admits role in armed robbery outside Walmart
- Woman arrested after taking Lortab before driving
- LMPD: Liquor store employee accomplice to armed robbery of business
- Man arrested for passing out over steering wheel of SUV stopped at light